5.08.2008

Flowers ...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/1bluecanoe
/1143041306/in/set-72157600188607634/

Tonight was the Unicorn Dream Gala which is the fund raiser for the centre I am working at. Ceilidh sweetly arranged for me to get a seat and it was a good and challenging night.
First of all I have to mention something about me that I like that I was reminded of tonight. To date, I have never met anybody that really makes me nervous because of their status. I spent a good 15 minutes talking with Dinni Petty in the bathroom about death and palliative care while she did her makeup preparing to MC the night. She, at her core, like any other at their core, is a heart. A heart that loves and hurts, that is fearful and proud. I liked her. She is who she is and I am very drawn to people like that. At the end of the night she sat there looking exhausted and said "You know your purse is too big when you went to the St. Lawrence market on Saturday and you find this today (Tuesday)" and she pulls out cheese.

My room smells like my Grandma dying. She had a lot of lilies and every time I smell them I am back in her hospital room. Her death could have been much better. We were not prepared. Along those lines, my room also looks like someone has died. I have flowers everywhere. Tulips and lilies from Patrick (Mr. 7 ... who if I don't write about is not really finding the place in my heart that he is), a huge hydrangea and tulip centre piece and a yellow daisy plant from the gala. It is pretty magnificent and makes me feel like I am in a garden. So, picture it ... there is my bed on the floor, two wood and wicker chairs and all those flowers ... and that is it for my room : ) I am liking the minimal thing : )

No comments:

My photo
I am doing my best to find the good things in my life and cherish them. I love deeply. I laugh hard (so hard I sometimes snort). I still dream and believe that dreams are meant to be followed. I try to depend on God. I have so much to learn. I hope.

Blog Archive