5.04.2008

Such a fine TO balance...


http://www.jupiterimages.com/popup2.aspx?navigationSubType=itemdetails&itemID=22420727
I was so happy to finally have a day with nothing planned. Well I mean there is the studying that is planned for every day, for the next three weeks, but no one to meet and no where to be.
These are the pictures that I took in my head while I was out and about. My camera is broken so my head-pictures will have to suffice : )

A little bird came and bathed in the sand at the little play park that I was studying at. He hoped around (must have been a he ... a girl would never bath in dirt unless it was mineral mud)till he found a spot that he liked and then he would wiggle all around. Diving his head down and shaking the sand down his back. He wiggled his little bottom and fluffed himself up. Then he would go and do the same ritual in another spot until finally he felt handsome enough to go and court the lady birds and flew away.

I saw a lady walk up to a tree in the park and hug it. Not just a little hug, she held that tree in her arms for a good minute. Her husband just stood on the path and waited until she was done.

As I was running I could hear bagpipes over my music. I followed the sound and ended up watching an Ontario Provincial Police Funeral March. When I got to the street surrounding Queen's Park I stopped to watch for a bit. The band was waiting to get started again and when they did I felt the pipes in my chest. It made me cry. I can't find any news about who died ... seems odd.

There were two little girls playing on the teeter-totter at the park. Little stick legs mastering the balance required. And the giggles coming out of their little beings were magnificant ... until the Mom dragged them away screaming at them the whole time ... made my heart sink.

An old homeless man sat on the bench beside me carefully packing and repacking his things. It made me wonder if we had as few things as he does would we take better care of, and value our stuff more? He had longer hair that stood out all over the place. It was almost like a hallow with his bald spot.

U of T campus has some incredibly beautiful old buildings. I loved running through there today.

I am going to try to focus on the beauty that I see outside of my home. As there is next to none inside of it. I said to my old preceptor/new-coworker Ceilidh "I am 30 I should not be living in a brothel!" She thinks that should be the title of my book ... and I am sure that I will have enough material to write a book after four months in this house. Hannah, one of the last permanent tenants here, nicely pointed out to me "It IS student housing you know." Yes Hannah I was aware of that and am not asking for Martha Stewart. All that I ask is that I not be afraid to bump into a wall, use the sink, leave my food in the fridge, and I am too old to squat : ) All I can think is that maybe there is some greater plan for me to be here. I am trying to not be haste and I will give it a week till the last permanent renter is out and all the 5 other sublets are in and decide then what I need to do. It was so bad that when I first came in I turned to Marissa and said "I am not a princess but I will not be able to sleep here tonight if we don't paint." So off we went to Canadian Tire where I chose lilac bouquet, and home we came to paint. It did help ... and I feel comfortable in my room ... but the rest? I will focus on the beauty outside and hope that it balances out the disgust inside. Are you really living in a place if you don't bathe and eat there?

Work is great so far. The girls were away at a conference in Montreal so I am really looking forward to getting started on intake tomorrow.

2 comments:

Queen Vic said...

Your blog has such actual SUBSTANCE! I love that about it. Me, Fluff, You Integrity. Keep workin on me!

xxoo

Queen Vic said...

Hey how bout an update?

My photo
I am doing my best to find the good things in my life and cherish them. I love deeply. I laugh hard (so hard I sometimes snort). I still dream and believe that dreams are meant to be followed. I try to depend on God. I have so much to learn. I hope.

Blog Archive