7.02.2008


I am currently waiting to wisk myself off to NYC. I had not idea that I was flying the poshest of posh airlines from Toronto to NYC. I was picked up by a shuttle outside the Fairmont Royal York, dropped at the door of the terminal and ushered with smiles on to the ferry which ferried me over to the island to check-in with not a minute of waiting. Through security with apologies for requiring me to take my shoes off and into the lounge that has mac desktops, chairs that love your touch so much that they seem to be holding on to you, pure butter shortbread cookies and Tazo tea. It is kinda pretty fun to be treated like you are .... I don't know ... in the spirit of the weekend shall we say Carrie Bradshaw. My tummy is skipping and dancing in anticipation of seeing Sarah. I just might knock her right off of her feet.
I will take lots of pictures and do my best to get at least one good blog in. Maybe we will even have our first guest blog ... Sarah and I see the world with much of the same excitement and love. You would fall in love with her within the first sentence.
This is brilliant. Yeah legs ... you are doing a pretty kick-ass job of getting me to the places, spaces, and people I love. And speaking of people I love I am going to get to spend a night with Brendon and his fiance Julie. It has been years and our paths moved in directions that I feel have made it harder to hear each others hearts ... I am confident though that once they are in listening distance that they will talk as freely as they used to. And my Chris-angel just happens to be driving by NYC this weekend and will hope of all hopes be able to meet up with us for the SITC night.

A thought to leave you with that came to me this morning as I walked through the parking lot across the street from the Princess Margaret Cancer Hospital.
A Mercedes does not stop you from getting cancer, it only gives you a smoother ride to your treatments.

Know that you will be traveling with me in my heart. Wish that all my girls could have come!
LOVE

2 comments:

Queen Vic said...

Sharp intake of breath* Brendan!




I so wish I still had access to his blog--his photos are phenom! Best of hearts with that!

Anonymous said...

You deserve to be pampered. Enjoy and have soooo much fun catching up with your friends and your SICN. Look forward to reading your next blog and yes pictures would be really nice. Love and hugs xoxo K8

My photo
I am doing my best to find the good things in my life and cherish them. I love deeply. I laugh hard (so hard I sometimes snort). I still dream and believe that dreams are meant to be followed. I try to depend on God. I have so much to learn. I hope.

Blog Archive